Re: Exhaust valve

To: mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com (michael lunsford)
Subject: Re: Exhaust valve
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 18:42:09 -0700 (PDT)
Mike, et al---My mind could be changed about this, but I believe that
the tension created by the valve spring against the collar and split
cone retainers would be too great to allow the valve to turn in
operation. (I'm not sure this would be a good idea anyway, once the
valve margin has taken a set against its seat)

It is true that the exhaust valves run hotter, but I can't picture
'turning' helping  to disipate heat. Is it possible that the informer
was thinking about the cam followers?

Dick
CF11143