Low compression

To: "'6pack@autox.team.net'" <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Low compression
From: "Lumia, John" <jlumia@ball.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 09:52:49 -0600
I recently measured engine compression in my 6 and found cylinder
pressures ranging from 75 to 110 (note that I'm a mile above sea level,
so I would expect pressures to be somewhat lower anyway).  I have very
good oil pressure (25 lbs at hot idle, 65-75 when hot), but the engine
is a bit uneven at idle, maybe plus or minus 100 RPM, which it has done
since I bought it 4000 miles ago.  Ideally I would like to continue to
drive the car this summer and tear down in the fall or winter.  Does
anyone have an opinion if I will risk further damage to this engine if I
continue to drive it till then?

John Lumia