Re: TR6 performance motor

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 performance motor
From: "Jim Hill" <jrhill@chorus.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 17:14:28 -0500

Shane Ingate wrote:

> . . . I am rebuilding "Rags" into a usable street-racer. Wally Hicks
> (who built Paul Newman's motor for the 1976 championship) is
> building my motor.  My specification is to build a strong motor that
> will run to 7,000 rpm with 10.0:1 compression, and last 40,000
> miles till another rebuild . . . I am *hoping* that it will deliver 150
rwhp

I hope everyone interested in this topic realizes that these two folks are
talking about entirely different things. And I wouldn't quarrel with the
objectives of either one.

A professionally built 7000rpm engine with 10/1 compression that's supposed
to put out 150hp at the rear wheels and last 40,000 miles may have virtually
nothing in common with "a street engine with some extra kick" that the owner
is prepared to rebuild himself in case it "blows tomorrow".

I admire the commitment and dedication of both of you.

Jim Hill
Madison WI