Leaks

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Leaks
From: "Ted Ciporin" <ted7@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 23:10:32 -0500
Hi Everyone,

I just picked up a 1976 TR6 that I bought restored.  After 1 day of driving, I
noticed several leaks under the car.  A few small drops from the differential
that look like gear oil (?), but more troubling, 3 or 4 leaks under the hood
that look and smell like gasoline.  It's definitely not oil.  I'm planning to
take the car into the shop first thing Monday, but my questions are:  How
concerned should I be?  Are leaks like this normal?  Is a gasoline leak
dangerous?

I can't imagine any of this is good or normal, especially having just paid for
a restored car, but I am new at this, and am seeking comments.  Thank you for
any help you can provide.

Ted
'76 TR6 (2 days old...)