RE: Leaks

To: "'Ted Ciporin '" <ted7@earthlink.net>,
Subject: RE: Leaks
From: Mark Hooper <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2002 08:37:54 -0500
Ted:

I believe that purchasing a TR, any TR should first be preceded by the
installation of a drip pan in your garage.

A drip-free TR should be considered one of three things:
1 - A miracle
2 - Temporary
3 - Out of oil

The gas should be easy to fix, just pinpoint where it is falling relative to
either the fuel pump, or the carbs. Dollars to donuts (not such a sure bet
anymore)its the carbs, and will clear itself up with a little driving, or
tightening a few clamps, but you should be careful with any fuel leak.

The diff oil leak is highly standard and involves replacing the leather seal
at the input shaft with a new rubber one. This means pulling the
differential, and unless you are determined to be totally leak free for 24
hours is not instantly essential.

Best of luck,

Mark Hooper