RE: Undercoating questions...

To: "Web_disscusion List" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Undercoating questions...
From: "Christoph Schumann" <christoph.schumann@harmsen.utescher.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 08:01:18 +0100
The drawback with undercoating is that it covers starting
corrosion until too late. If you decide to use undercoating,
in my opinion the best is to use a wax-based material since
starting rust can be easier spottet than with tar-based
undercoating. To prevent the wheel housing from rusting due
to stone chips it possible to install aluminum inserts in
the fenders. It is a Norwegian invention from the fifties,
and since patent protection ran out they are available from
www.lokari.de (no interest ...). They are EUR 110.00/pair (=
appr. USD 110.00). If you need a translation of text, just
let me know.

Cheers, Christoph Schumann
Hamburg, Germany
'71 TR6 PI