AABESTCO top update

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: AABESTCO top update
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 09:50:48 -0800
        6-packers:

        I have received an email reply back from Karl at AABESTCO
regarding the issues I outlined to the list regarding their
TR6 replacement top.
        Karl has communicated with the manufacturer, and they
seem very responsive. I have not received permission from Karl to
include his message, so I will paraphrase for now until I hear back
from him.
        1. ACME has corrected their patterns for the top, so that the
reflective stripe placement now matches the US OEM top. They stated
that my top was the first top they had delivered with the reflective
stripes, and they have modified their materials and methods to
accommodate the rear stripe.
        2. ACME has indicated that they wish to correct the snap
placement issue on the interior rear bow, and asked me to send them
my original top. Unfortunately, it was not an original top, and went
in the trash a while ago (it was in bad shape).
        So, listers, is anyone out there willing to take some measurements?
I would need the spacing between the inside edges of the webbing on
your original top at the rear bow, and the spacing and count of
the original snaps on the rearmost bow. Two of you have indicated
that 5 is the correct number, but the more inputs the better.
        I will be making those measurements on my car, but would like to
confirm the measurements on a couple of other cars as well. Anyone up
to help me here?
        Both Karl and ACME seem genuinely interested in making this work,
and I think we owe them some help, as truly supportive vendors are so
very hard to find.

        Thanks in advance,

        Vance

1974 Mimosa Yellow Triumph TR6