(no subject)

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: (no subject)
From: JasonDC8@wmconnect.com
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 07:55:16 EST
I aquired my car with the vacuum lines stripped from the distributer retard
unit.  I installed new vac hoses.  One leading from just behind the rear carb
to the thermoswitch, and from the thermoswitch to the distibuter retard port.
 There is vacuum present at the end of the hose leading to the distributer
but hooking it to the port has no effect on the engine idle. Can someone
explain how the system works and typical problems?  I've read that when
removing the vac line from the distributer port, the rpm should increase from
800 to 1300.  I beleive the problem I have with this system could be why my
carb idle screws are backed almost off the springs to get and idle rpm of 850.

Thanks,

Jason, 72 tr6