redlines on wires

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: redlines on wires
From: Lizirbydavis@cs.com
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 16:31:24 EST
Hi fellow sixers
I'm soliciting opinions on the aesthetics or red line tires on painted wire
wheels as well as historical accuracy.  How did cars with painted wire wheels
come from the factory? I've seen pictures in old brochures and manuals of
both black wall and red line tires.  I believe my 4A came with white walls on
the painted wires.  I'm not too awfully interested in maintaing an accurate
car...It's that I  still have 4 good 185/15 redline tires and have been to
tight to upgraded to a better  performing tire.  What is the tire that came
standard on the wire rim?  Was it 165/15 or 185/15? Will the 5.5" rim take a
205/70, or 195/65 tire?  Finally,  what looks best?
Almost wired
Joe Davis