Re: Gear grinding

To: "Ted Ciporin" <ted7@earthlink.net>, "TR6 list"
Subject: Re: Gear grinding
From: "Gary Fluke" <res0s0t7@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 21:07:58 -0800
Ted,

After driving many old British cars with slow shifting gearboxes I am
constantly pleased at how quick shifting my 85,000 mile 6's 'box can be.
When slicing up back roads at speed it drops into 3rd from 4th with barely a
pause as the synchro's do their job.  If your are not ruthlessly jamming the
gearlever home and it still grinds, I'm afraid you do have a mechanical
problem, probably worn synchromesh.

Gary
'73