Alternator Nut Removal Help

To: "6 Pack TR6 List" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Alternator Nut Removal Help
From: "James Henningsen" <jdhenn@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2002 10:04:24 -0500
Hello listers,
I am getting ready for my engine and tranny swap (can't wait for the
overdrive!) and need some of the lists expertise.  I have a 1969 early TR6
engine that I am putting in my 75 TR6.  It has the 3/8" pulleys all around
and I will be installing my 75 alternator (1/2" pulley).  I have a spare 69
"dead" alternator with a 3/8" pulley and wish to switch the pulley to my 75
alternator. I can't seem to get the pully nut free on the 69 alternator. I
have tried WD40 but I can't seem to get leverage since the shaft moves in
order to get the nut loosened.  Any ideas????
Thanks in advance!
Jim Henningsen
75 TR6
80 TR8 (x2)
80 TR7 (body tub! makes a great planter)
Kissimmee, FL