RE: Blue smoke and good compression

To: "'Robert M. Lang'" <lang@isis.mit.edu>
Subject: RE: Blue smoke and good compression
From: "R. Ashford Little II" <ralittle2@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 13:28:52 -0500
Well, I thought I would ask a follow up question to you all, or y'all as
we say down south.  I got a piece of tubing and disconnected my crank
vent which was routed to both carbs, and then stuck the new piece on and
stuck it in a milk carton.  The purpose of this was to see if I was
suffering from a bunch of nasty stuff being tossed about the valve cover
and then being re-burned.  The answer to that is no, with no noticeably
bad funk, just a little whiff of blue smoke.

I am still getting the blue smoke at rpm's that exceed 4k.  This is much
worse when I let off the gas as vacuum increases.

The general consensus of the list, and a great group it is, is that I'm
suffering from bad valve guides.  So I just wanted to reconfirm that
what I'm seeing when I let off the gas makes sense in terms of valve
guides.

I think so, but would appreciate some confirmation.

Thanks to all... again,

R. Ashford Little II
www.geocities.com/ralittle2