RE: TR6 2.7 litre conversion

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>, <mjsukey@cs.com>
Subject: RE: TR6 2.7 litre conversion
From: "Glen Johnson" <glen@littledevil.com.au>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 08:55:49 +1100
The guy that built my 2.7 motor sourced the gasket locally (Australia).
He had a quote for a copper one - around $110AU but he was happier with
the other one which must be the asbestos one you speak of.  He runs his
cars in Targa (www.targa.org.au) and hasn't had trouble.

I've got no trouble at the moment.

I would have used copper if I needed to decrease compression ratio - and
if I ever have to shave the head for any reason I will end up using a
copper gasket to correct compression ratio.

My Mazda 626 pistons had a fair bit of work done to allow the rods to
connect properly - they said something about making up bushings to fit.
I don't know what rods were used - I'm yet to find out.

Glen Johnson
Head of Creative Services

Little Devil Media
L2 - 83 Salamanca Place,