Broken diff mount

To: 6pack list <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Broken diff mount
From: Peter Macholdt <vze2846b@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 16:14:31 -0500
Well, I couldn't get focused on work today so I headed out to the garage.
Removed the diff to find a cracked right front mount. The stud has not
broken from the top support, but there is a crack all the way across the
bottom of the mount. The stud is still welded to the front 1/2 of the broken
bracket, but broke away from the back 1/2.

What are my options here? I'm thinking that I can weld the bracket back
together, run a bead around the stud inside the bracket, and then weld in
the boxed supports.

I know that the repair kits have a piece for the top of the stud. Since my
stud didn't break, is there any need to remove it and replace, or am I OK
with reinforcing the old one?

I guess I didn't get to the reinforcements quickly enough.

Peter
'68 TR250