Electric Fan Conversion

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Electric Fan Conversion
From: "Nick Gemas" <gln@worldpath.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 19:37:02 -0800
Hi All.
    Well one of my many winter projects is to replace my stock mechanical
fan with an electric fan and I was looking for the groups advice. Should I
go with a pusher or puller ? I don't have an oil cooler and don't plan on
getting one but I do have a Goodparts Ramair intake. Also, what brand or
size  fan should I get. I've heard of constant cycling problems if you get
one too large. Also where can I get a shorter harmonic balancer bolt after I
remove the existing fan and nose piece?I was also wondering about electrical
problems as a result of added electrical load. I have a 100 amp stereo
amplifier that draws about 20 amps when cranked up, which it almost always
is!

Thanks ,
Nick