Fwd: Electric Fan Conversion

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Electric Fan Conversion
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 16:30:14 -0800 (PST)
Check this website: http://www.hottr6.com/triumph/tr6fan.html, it's a
very good resource.  I mounted a 16" fan on my radiator, a Permacool
model 19126.  Got it from Jegs.com.  I mounted it as a puller, screwed
directly to the radiator frame.  I don't have a thermostatic switch for
it, just a manual on/off switch in the car.  I had to remove the stock
mechanical fan and fan extension to fit the electric fan, and used a
machined adapter from Ken Mahre (email delivery@cdh.net) for $35 to
replace the stock fan extension piece.  In order to fit the fan on the
radiator as a puller, I found it was necessary to slot the radiator
mounting holes a bit so that I could push the radiator forward about
3/4", due to clearance problems with the tubular crossmember.

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6