Re: supercharging (options)

To: erik@midwestfilter.com (Erik Quackenbush)
Subject: Re: supercharging (options)
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 14:46:07 -0800 (PST)
Erik---You are right, of course, when stating that higher octane "fuel"
will postpone detonation, as will intercooling.  I do see a plumbing
nightmare in using an intercooler with a carbureted TR engine, given
their usual mounting points. I guess it could be done tho, if the SC
were mounted where the alternater is, and go from there.

Propane is cooler by nature, right?

What would your recommendation be for the % of tolulene to gasoline?
What effect would it have on the spark plug tips? Would such an engine
"start" when cold?

TRICK racing gas in the L.A. area goes for $4.75/gal for 112 unleaded,
and $5.00 for 117 leaded. Union 100 octane was $3.50 last time I
checked.

With your combo of propane, intercooling and very low CR, I would be
surprised if you couldn't up the ante on boost pressure to more than 10
lb, w/o dtonation.

Dick