TR6 PI

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 PI
From: SamuelsMA@aol.com
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 17:34:21 EST
Listers:

I can verify that my 1970 PI came to this country via Germany, which was its
original export destination.  The car was brought to the US by an Air Force
officer, who had no difficulty with regulations because of the car's age.

With regard to emissions, the PI system was rebuilt a few years ago and the
car runs smoothly and very strongly.  But it does have more exhaust odor than
a carbureted car, probably from more unburnt fuel at certain rpms.

I am curious about 2 things:

1.    Does anyone know how many cars originally built as PIs (as opposed to
conversions) currently reside in the US?

2.    Does anyone want to venture a guess how much additional value, all else
being equal, a PI car has vs. a carbureted car in the US?

Michael Samuels
'70 TR6 PI
Miami Beach, FL