Reverse Lights fixed (was Circle-X on a schematic)

To: tr6@kc4sw.com
Subject: Reverse Lights fixed (was Circle-X on a schematic)
From: Hugh Fader <hfader@usa.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2002 15:53:05 -0500
Thanks for the tip Steve. I got it solved.

The connection to the pin (bullet) on the connector to the rear harness was
open. I pulled the pin out and drilled through the connector. Then I pulled
a wire with a bullet on one end through the hole and soldered the other end
to the original wire.

I also found a bad lamp socket which I was able to repair by soldering in a
jumper.

Summing it up I had:

Bad reverse switch on the gearbox.
Open connection on the green/brown wire on the connector to the rear
harness.
Bad lamp socket.

Not much else could have been wrong. But all's well that ends well.

Hugh Fader
72 TR6 with working reverse lights