Re: Road Trip

To: michael lunsford <mblunsfordsr@yahoo.com>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Road Trip
From: Blake Discher <bdischer@blakedischer.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 09:30:18 -0500
At 08:54 AM 12/2/2002, michael lunsford wrote:
>the following:  My club took a long planned road trip Saturday and all of
>the planets (stars too) were aligned properly.  We started out just north
>of Tampa (Fl.) at about 10 AM with eight cars.  After an extremely cold
>(for us) 45 degree morning it was clear and sunny with temps in the mid
>60s, perfect top down cruising weather.  We drove from Tampa to
>Brooksville and ended up in Dade City for a late lunch.  The route laid
>out by one of our back road experts was perfect and included plenty of
>rolling hills and country lanes, both rare commodities in my area of
>Florida.  The participants were unanamous in agreeing that this was our
>club's best "road trip" ever.  This time of the year is the payback for
>the oppressive heat and humidity of mid summer down here.

Oh, man...  I woke up to see about two inches of snow on the ground and
still more falling here in Detroit.  Means the salt trucks will be out
later and we don't dare take our cars out until the April rain showers have
washed it off the roads.  Nice to see someone enjoying their LBCs this time
of year.  We are expecting a low of 6 (yes s-i-x!) degrees tonight.  A
friend of mine, Richard Truett, was transferred here last winter from
Orlando, TR6, TR8, and all.  Yesterday he was visiting, complaining about
the cold weather.  It was a balmy 22 degrees then.  I'm blaming the
expected 6 degrees tonite on him, he should've kept quiet and enjoyed the
22!  Even with the kerosene heater going full blast in the garage, it's
still too cold to work on the cars.  Bummer.

Best,
Blake Discher

----
1968 2000 Saloon, 1971 Stag, 1976 TR6, 1980 TR7 Spider
Play the game: "Don't Crash the
Triumph!"   http://www.fireflystudios.com/triumph