Fwd: RE: PCV on a Good's Triple intake?'s

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: RE: PCV on a Good's Triple intake?'s
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 14:44:40 -0800 (PST)
When fitting a Goodparts triple manifold (as I have done), you simply
need one more T fitting and a bit of extra hose.  The
1969-model-year-only "PCV" valve (which is not really a PCV valve) is
not used.  Run hose from the valve cover to the first T piece.  From
this T piece, connect a hose to the rear carb breather fitting, and
another hose going to another T piece.  From this T piece, run a hose
to the middle carb breather fitting, and another hose going to another
T piece.  From this final T piece, run a hose to the front carb
breather fitting, and a hose to the carbon canister.  And you're done.

The "PCV" valve (which was only fitting on 1969 cars) simply applies a
vacuum to the crankcase ventilation circuit, since 1969 cars did not
connect the crankcase tubes to the carb breather fittings.  On cars
after 1969, there is no PCV valve at all, the crankcase vent is simply
connected to a breather fitting on each carb, which provides vacuum.

However, it's a lot cleaner just to run a hose from the valve cover to
the carbon canister (which is what I have done).  This keeps your carbs
cleaner, and still allows the crankcase to vent.  After all, why would
you want your engine breathing in all that dirty crankcase air!

By the way Jim, Richard Good's triple manifold fits perfectly, and
comes with everything the installer needs.  It's an excellent product.

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6