Re: Which overdrive A or J?

To: rdowty@dowtyenterprises.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Which overdrive A or J?
From: StangGuy67@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 11:06:17 EST
In a message dated 12/9/02 2:01:52 AM, rdowty@dowtyenterprises.com writes:

<< So which is better and why? I've never had an overdrive but the speed
limits here are about 20 MPH faster than the last time I drove my baby.
I need to be able to cruse at 70 just to drive from one side of town to
the other on the bypass. >>

I dunno....I cruise the freeways of Southern California at constant speeds
sometimes up to 80 mph in my non-OD 74 TR6, and there is very little
vibration, and I'm only turning 4000 rpm or so. When I bought my TR, the
first question I asked was, "does it have overdrive?" and the PO answered,
"no, and it doesn't need it". Now I can see why!

just my 2 cents worth, NFI, etc.....

Kraig Griffiths

LA, CA