Re: Which overdrive A or J?

To: "Tom Di Iulio" <diiulio@ix.netcom.com>,
Subject: Re: Which overdrive A or J?
From: Irv Korey <emanteno@attglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 22:09:56 -0600
At 07:22 AM 12/9/02 -0700, Tom Di Iulio wrote:

>     todd is correct in pointing out some inaccuracies in your
>email. the J-type was built for your late model car, the A-types
>for the earliers. the 2 overdrive gears that the j-type offers are
>enough for my driving. i'd go with what was built for your year,
>will save alot of explaining in the future as to why you've got an
>a-type in a "j-type period" car.

I've had an A type in my TR6 since 1983 and no one has ever asked me why
there is an A type in my J type era car. The ones without overdrive wish
they could sneak it out of my car. It was a simple bolt in replacement for
the stock tranny, only requiring the addition of a relay for the o/d. If
you aren't showing the car, it doesn't matter. They both work great.

Irv Korey
74 TR6 CF22767U
63 TR4 VSCDA Group 2 #58
Highland Park, IL