misfiring after sustained highway speeds solved

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: misfiring after sustained highway speeds solved
From: "Peter Beyl" <beyl@erols.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 20:18:03 -0500
I had posted about this problem a couple weeks ago.
Thanks to all those that responded. I think I have it solved. It was being
starved for fuel. The gas line that goes between the carb and the fuel pump
had been installed poorly. The line had been recessed too deeply into the
fuel pump and was being pushed up against the interior wall of the pump when
the nut was tightened. This caused the line to be partially blocked. It
could not supply a sufficient amount of fuel to the carbs under load. I
repaired the line and noticed an increase in the fuel flow. When the weather
breaks, I'm off for a test run!

Pete Beyl
Middlebush, NJ
'75 TR6