TR6 Gearshift Lever Locating Pins

To: "'6pack'" <6pack@autox.team.net>, "'triumphs'"
Subject: TR6 Gearshift Lever Locating Pins
From: Hugh Fader <hfader@usa.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 07:57:49 -0500
The locating pins on my TR6 gearshift lever are not as shown in the shop
manual. The manual shows tapered-ended studs with a lock nut. I have
tapered-ended bolts. These can't be adjusted and locked into place per the
shop manual procedure.

I ordered what I thought would be the correct part from Victoria British
based on the catalog illustration. Guess what I received? Tapered-ended
bolts. VB says that's all they have.

I have located the correct NOS part from another supplier and may order it.
Another option would be to just tighten the bolts all the way in. Maybe
that's all I need to do.

Anybody have advice?

Thanks,
Hugh Fader