RE: TR250 front suspension

To: Leroy Jack Schmelyun Jr <jctriumph@comcast.net>
Subject: RE: TR250 front suspension
From: Andrew Packard <apackard@triad.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Dec 2002 18:57:43 -0500
Welcome to the world of TR250 owners!
You'll need the Red TRF parts catalog for TR250.  Pages 86-87, Plate BL of the
chassis has blown up pictures of the strenthening pieces.  Look into getting
the "How to Restore Triumph TR5/250 & TR6" by Roger Williams, available from
6-pack, TRF and Moss..  He goes over the reinforcement of the lower fulcrum
bracket and the differential mount in great detail, as well as covering many
other things.  Check the front R differential mount of the car as it is likely
cracked or broken if it was never addressed by any PO.  Good luck to you!
I'm originally from Towson, but living in Greensboro, NC now.  I'll be up in
Baltimore over Christmas and would love to see your new project, if your
willing to let me check it out.  It's always good to see another 250 out there.
 I can also bring the "How to . . ." book and the TRF TR250 catalog and show
you the illustrations.  Contact me off list if you want.
Andy Packard
CD6521L