RE: lever shock, shock link

To: "'Alan'" <asalvato@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject: RE: lever shock, shock link
From: "Vink, Graham" <vinkg@fleishman.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 17:11:26 -0600
the shock links are supposed to be firm; if they're not, it means the rubber
bushing is warm.

if your shocks are new/good/rebuilt, then I'd replace the link(s). as I
recall, they're fairly cheap.

if the shocks are worn, then I wouldn't worry  too much ... the loose links
will just contribute a bit more slop (I speak from experience; my current
TR6 is a gigantic bundle of slop).

I would, however, try to make sure that you've got (approximately) the same
state of affairs on each side of the car, to avoid surprising differences
between left and right turns ...

Graham