Fwd: shocks

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: shocks
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 18:27:00 -0800 (PST)
I have Spax shocks at all 4 corners.  I like them a lot, and picked
them over Konis because they have more adjustment points (14 vs. 3) and
can be adjusted with the shocks still on the car (to adjust a Koni, you
must remove the shock from the car).

I also replaced the original springs with new standard grade springs.
It made a huge difference, my old springs were obviously totally worn
out.  However, I like the Goodparts uprated springs (also sold by TRF)
that drop the car about an inch.  They give the car a really aggressive
stance, and apparently don't degrade ride quality too much.  One day
I'll probably get a set...  Be careful which "uprated" springs you get.
 Some of these have increased spring rates (which is good), but also
raise the ride height (which is BAD) to the point where you actually
can get positive camber on the suspension (very bad!).  Make sure the
springs you get don't raise the ride height.

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6