Fwd: Headers

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Headers
From: Timothy Holbrook <tjh173@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2002 18:30:53 -0800 (PST)
In my opinion, the Pace Setter header (formerly Monza Quik Trip header)
is not a good product.  It fits poorly, and you'll need to do a good
bit of modification to make it fit.  I had to ding all the primary
pipes so it would clear the intake manifold, and ding the pipes lower
down so they'd clear the chassis.  Dinged pipes don't help breathing!
It's a cheap header, but you get what you pay for.  Oh, and don't worry
about matching the brand names on your header and exhaust system, it
doesn't make a difference.

I now have a Rimmer header (6-3-1, 2.25" collector) which fit very well
and is a quality piece.  It's more expensive, of course.  There is also
a 2 piece header available (I think TRF sells it) that is apparently a
Group 44 replica, and fits very well too.

Tim Holbrook
1971 TR6