Re: The Dying TR6 Swan

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: The Dying TR6 Swan
From: "James Tabor" <jattr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 17:49:51 +0000
Hello Grant,

Looks like you are getting good sound advice.
I had a glass filter element clog up easily as others have...
and the car generally ran perfect...until I started up hill!
Then it would choke out and sputter. I could at least see that it had junk
in it. and clean it out.
I now use (and keep spares) the paper element see-thru type.

So if you have spark from the coil and you have fuel to the carbs...
...It might be in the distributor.
Best thing is to take previous (good - used) distributor parts.
(ALWAYS have new or used spares handy!!!)
and start replacing one at a time
when the car dies on you...if you are willing to have it die out again.

Or just replace the all the parts and see what happens.

check the rotor... is if there is ANY wobble of the copper contact.
I had that experience once. if there is...replace rotor AND cap.

let us know if you find out.

-James

http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_smartspamprotection_3mf