Carb. synchronizing ?'s

To: "Web_disscusion List" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Carb. synchronizing ?'s
From: "Richard Seaton" <rsh17@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2002 15:38:38 -0600
  First I'd like to thank everyone for setting me straight on my understeer
statements.

  As some may know I'm setting up a triple ZS carb. setup for my car. I do
know how to synchronize with the unisyn. But I've got a motorcycle
synchronizing tool (vacuum gauges) which can show the vacuum on up to 4 carbs.
The idea I have is to make tuning easier and quicker by adding one vacuum
adaptor to each of the middle and rear carbs. The front has one in place for
the vacuum advance.
  The front carb has a small hole under the adaptor which goes through to the
body and exits between the butterfly and dashpot. I plan on adding a fitting
to the other carbs and drilling a small hole. So all I'll have to do is pull a
rubber plug off the fitting and attach the vacuum gauge to get the suction for
each carb. Then adjust the carbs till the gages are equal.
  I don't think, removing the vacuum advance line from the 1st carb will
affect the balancing  of the carbs. Will pulling the vacuum from this point
and adjusting be any different than using the uni syn at the mouth of the
carbs???

Any reasons why this shouldn't be done, as I can't think of any?

TIA, and Merry Christmas all,

Richard Seaton