Re: Jump starting a 76 TR6

To: jdhenn@cfl.rr.com
Subject: Re: Jump starting a 76 TR6
From: jay_welch@juno.com
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 08:03:48 -0500
Hi Jim,

It seems that it should kick.  If the car has been sitting in a moist
environment (even occasionally) the starter could have frozen.  You might
try tapping the side of the starter (not the solenoid) with a hammer and
again try the contacts that you described.  Don't tap anything that might
be bakelight type material.  I think the center of the end of the starter
motor might have an area that is "tap sensitive".  Mine crumbled there.
You might also try removing the starter and bench test it.

Good luck,
Jay