Re: Cam question at Triumph 2000 Web page

To: Don Malling <dmallin@attglobal.net>, 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Cam question at Triumph 2000 Web page
From: Erik Quackenbush <erik@midwestfilter.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 14:03:58 -0600
Duration can be measured seat to seat, at .050 lift... or randomly blown
out of some guy's orifice. There are only two ways to shop for cams:

1. Spend a lot of money. Buy one of each, and measure them on a dyno in
your engine.
2. Find a reputable source who is willing to work with you.

Cam lobes are not symmetrical. Duration is not always measured at the same
points. Valve lift can be quoted with or without lash and at a variety of
different rocker ratios.

I purchased my last cam from British Parts Northwest. I'm happy with their
recommendation.

Send me email if you're running 10.3:1 compression, Lucas injection, and a
programmable CDI ignition system and I'll tell you which cam I chose.
Otherwise the info won't help you much.

--
Erik Quackenbush, Midwest Filter Corporation
1-847-680-0566  http://www.midwestfilter.com