Thanks for not laughing/mounts

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Thanks for not laughing/mounts
From: "Paula J. Graffam" <pjgraffam@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 08:14:41 -0500
Listers,

I sent out a "help me" note this weekend for you experienced backyard
mechanics to give me advice about installing differential rear mounts.
The silence was deafening.  I now know why . . . most of you where
laughing because I couldn't see the forest through the trees.

Of course there's no way to squeeze those mounts to gain access to more
threads on the center bolt.  All I needed to do is put my jack under the
differential and GO UP the needed distance. When I removed my damaged old
mount the diff. came down 1/2 inch and I didn't realize it.  How numb can
I be?  But for all the "numb ones" out there doesn't feel good to
discover the solution ALL BY YOURSELF?

Thanks for not laughing, guys!

Al Graffam  74TR6 CT

Visit www.juno.com