Re: Emission Test

To: <Trumpet76TR6@cs.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Emission Test
From: "Ken Davis" <ken.davis@attbi.com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 07:30:54 -0700
Ken,
(hey, I like that name.. and that car!)

from my expereince with dealing with old stromberg jags, the best
gas out there is Chevron, 87 fine, 91 not really much different
Also, is your gas mixed with ethanol?  If not, try adding a quart or
two to a 1/2 tank of gas before your test, run for 25-50 miles - a
nice early morning run does wonders for the psyche.... Also, does
your love have the air pump?  If so...  Does it have a sensor which
activates it?  A ggood trick is to run it as above, stop a block
short of the testing facility, and carefully bridge the connectors,
this ensures the pump is on during the test, giving extra o2 while
they work their magic and empty your pocket...

Ken
So San Francisco
73 TR6