Re: Emission Test

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Emission Test
From: dusty45@juno.com
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 14:31:31 -0700
Also, don't forget a fresh oil change is very helpful.  Of course, that
opens debate on dino vs synthetics and the best weight to use for this
"special test".
I was VERY happy when my '72 no longer had to endure the California smog
tests.
The last time I went, the idiot wouldn't even pass it visually because he
thought that it was ME who had put dual carbs on my car.  Naturally, I
argued but resistance was futile, so I left and tried elsewhere.

Also, I have dual exhaust pipes and found that one side was much cleaner
than the other side (from prior testing at a friendly garage) so I made
sure the tester used the "clean pipes".

George
2nd owner of a '72 TR6