RE: seat parts

To: "Alan" <asalvato@tampabay.rr.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: seat parts
From: "Stephen Hanselman" <tr6@kc4sw.com>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 06:41:50 -0700
Alan,

I know they are supposed to be there, but they are a real pain in the ....
to put in.  If no one has them you can probably make them by bending some
thin steel about 1 inch wide and 1.75 inches long.  Put a  "S" curve
across the 1 inch dimension about 1/2 inch from one of the ends on the
1.75 inch dimension.  You'll probably have to trim to fit but basically
all this is a clip to hold a cover over the folding mech on the seat.
Mine also had small fiberboard spacers that mounted between the clip you
just made and the fiberboard insert.

I had seat covers from Vicki Brit,  They did not fit real well and to make
them fit I left my inserts out.  The seats seem to work OK without them.

Regards,

Steve
Tr6@kc4sw.com