Re: Frustration follows new Stromberg needles

To: <Peter.Kronberg@hp.com>, "6pack" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Frustration follows new Stromberg needles
From: "Lumia, John" <jlumia@ball.com>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 09:45:12 -0600
Peter, have you checked for vacuum leaks?  There are about 8 little rubber
fittings that dry out and may leak.  If your plastic vacuum hoses seem a loose
fit in these fittings, it may be time to replace them.  It may explain why
your engine didnt run so great at 4 deg ATDC since the vacuum retard is
connected for this setting.  Verify your static timing for 10 deg BTDC.
Vacuum leaks can cause irregular idle.

John - 1976 TR6

Peter wrote:>
Now, I should know better than to ask this, but...is it REASONABLE to
expect that the problem lies with the only 2 things I've messed with
(mixture and idle), considering it was running OK before I trashed my
adjustable needles? Just trying to be optimistic, and also avoid a hefty
mechanics bill...