RE: Latest on new Stromberg needle tuning woes-EUREKA!!!

To: "william mcintire" <william.mcintire@wright.edu>
Subject: RE: Latest on new Stromberg needle tuning woes-EUREKA!!!
From: "Kronberg, Peter" <Peter.Kronberg@hp.com>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 06:28:02 -0500
Hey Bill, Everyone...

It turns out that I was closer to getting my '76 tuned to perfection
than I thought! Seems a silly thing to overlook- dashpot oil levels. I
hope the below explanation from Bill will help to explain that last
nagging symptom that I reported- sputtering and low pep at lower RPMs,
with improvement at higher RPMs.

I mean, as soon as I hit the gas pedal after she was warmed up...I could
tell!

It was a lovely spring day in Vermont- sky so blue it hurt your eyes-
the close and distant hills and dales tinged with that brand new
green-the promise of verdant, cool shady summer to come...
And I was IMMERSED in it...top down, and my old pal running soo strong
and smooth...I mean, the tune coming from under the bonnet and out the
tailpipe was the sweetest music. No need for radio...

Yes, I waxed poetic over this exhilarating experience- the drive through
Vermont's rolling countryside, but also...that with the help of you
great guys on the list...I experienced the satisfaction of bringing her
back to full health.

I don't expect to be pestering you all for awhile...I think I'm just
going to enjoy her for now...at least until that tinkering itch needs
scratching again.

Final word- I am in the tech support business. It is a steady stream of
problems and complaints. I accept this, as it is my job...but every once
in awhile...isn't it GREAT to hear a success story?

Again, my thanks to you all- Bob Lang, Dick Taylor, Bill McIntire, John
Shewmake...and soo many others. This resource is AWESOME!!

Pete
'76 CF51563U, Stylin' and Pro-filin' in Vermont