Re: Temp Compensator

To: "Gary Fluke" <res0s0t7@verizon.net>, "TR6 list"
Subject: Re: Temp Compensator
From: "Mark Anderton" <andertonm@cox.net>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 16:59:33 -0400
I cut two little disks out of neoprene gasket material and put one in each
of the carbs int he hole that  the "nose" of the compensator fits into,
basically shutting it off.  Worked fine.  Since then, I have rebuilt the
carbs again and cleaned up the compensators and tried to make them work, but
the plastic plug that moves back and forth in there doesn't ever seat very
well to fully close the compensator.  Made me wonder if they ever did work
very well.  Does anybody know if new, replacement units are better?

Mark Anderton
72 TR6
Virginia Beach
http://members.cox.net/andertonm/car_stuff.html