Removing engine

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Removing engine
From: "Ken Owens" <kenowens@mchsi.com>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 21:10:20 -0400
I am in the process of preparing to remove my engine and transmission as one
unit.  All the books I have read state that you should use a sling between the
two lifting points on the engine.  My question is what do most people use
between these two points?  Steel cable or chain? Since what I have read is
that the engine should be lifted in a "nose up" method it seems that chain
might be difficult to use since it might be more difficult to adjust while
trying to tilt the engine.  Should could use some help with the answer to this
one.

Ken Owens