Carbon Cannister

To: "'TR6'" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Carbon Cannister
From: "Gary R." <gary@tpartners.net>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2003 16:32:58 -0400
Whilst waiting for my car to be returned to me from the paint shop I'm
putting the final touches on some of the peripheral parts, alternator,
starter, etc (they may never work again but they sure are pretty now).. I
popped open the carbon canister (charcoal EVERYWHERE! LOL) because the
bottom screen was corroded and I wanted to clean it and see whats in there
that can be replaced besides that white filter at the bottom. Now it looks
like I can replace the 30 year old charcoal with fish-tank activated
charcoal but has anyone come up with a quickie replacement for the top
cloth/mesh (attached to the coarse screen) and the bottom filter (below the
fine screen)?

Thanks!

Gary R.
74 TR6