cam or no cam

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: cam or no cam
From: "Alan & Debbie Lindner" <theedge@cts.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 07:49:57 -0700
I just don't know what to think.  I know that my engine had a lot of
work done by the previous owner.  It has a lot of power.  Work
includes header, Monza exhaust, ported intakes, increased
compression?, and I thought, a S2 cam.  My mechanic also said
that this has a lot of power compared to stock and he does not
know what cam grind was in there.
Well I spoke to the previous owner and he said that he pulled out
the racing cam and put the original back in.  It was not very
drivable.  Could you get some much power with the standard cam
grind?
Alan

Alan Lindner
'72 TR6 French Blue