RE: cam or no cam

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: cam or no cam
From: "Navarrette, Vance" <vance.navarrette@intel.com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 08:07:20 -0700
        Alan:

        You can get a lot of power out of the stock camshaft. I don't
remember which year it happened, but the factory began installing
the 125HP PI cam in the North American 6s to make up for the lost
power due to the lower compression ratio. With the 125HP cam, the
NA 6s made just 104HP, which gives you some idea of how much power
is locked up in the rest of the motor. If the rest of the motor
is brought up to snuff, that would be an additional 20% output
without changing the cam (and without a header or special exhaust).

        Vance

The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is
by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We
cause accidents. - Nathaniel Borenstein