Temp. compensators

To: "TR6 list" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Temp. compensators
From: "Gary Fluke" <res0s0t7@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 00:06:02 -0700
Listers,

I received my new carb air temperature compensators and have followed the
calibration instructions kindly posted at the Buckeye Triumph site.  Recently,
one of our fellow listers commented that he gave up on the compensators
because the valves would stick and/or not close all the way.  One of mine
sticks and neither of them closes all the way.  I sprayed them with a teflon
bearing lubricant and probably wasted a perfectly good prayer before putting
the covers back on.

I wonder if others have found their valves to have the same problems.  For
what its worth, the bags they came in say "Zenith" on them.  I'm going to
install the little $53/ea wonders while I'm at this job, but I feel more like
I'm playing witch doctor than mechanic.

Gary
'73