Re: suspension bushings

To: "Sandy Thomson" <jsthomson@goeaston.net>
Subject: Re: suspension bushings
From: "Alan" <asalvato@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 08:37:41 -0400
I've installed both the uprated rubber bushings from TRF and the prothane
bushing in  the trailing arms.
The rubber bushings require a bit more  work to install, but I found them a
bit firmer which was a good thing, since they're not seperated.
You should lube the bolt that passes through the bushings; the prothane came
with their own lube; If installing the rubber ones I would lube the hole in
the trailing arms to help them slide through.
I haven't had any squeeking problems with the prothane units.
The poly bushing will probably out last the rubber ones; but I don't think
you'll have to worry about that for another 10 years.

Al Salvatore
76tr6 daily