Re: Dashpot oil removal

To: Acekraut11@aol.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dashpot oil removal
From: "Cris Hemingway" <cris_tr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 14:36:01 -0700
I've always done mine by just removing the damper pistons themselves, and
not worried about the oil.  I have had no problems with doing it this way.
can't see that the added oil would have any real effect on the piston rise,
as it is a neglible amount.

I think your manual is just assuming that you are starting with a newly
overhauled carb in which case there would be no oil in it, and no point in
adding it  until the needles are adjusted.  Adjusting with the oil in is
messy, as the tool comes out covered in oil each time you use it to make an
adjustment, and I suspect their instructions are simply a method to avoid
this mess.

Cris