RE: Speedo

To: <YeOldEd@aol.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Speedo
From: "Loriot, George" <George_Loriot@brown.edu>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2003 21:46:44 -0400
Hi Mike,

I had a bouncy speedo on my 76 tr6 since I bought it 2 years ago.  Lubing the
cables didn't help, turned out to be a sticky interval counter unit, which had
th4e same symptoms (bouncy speedo) as a dry cable.  I installed a one-piece
speddo inner/outer cable from an earlier tr6 and bypassed the interval counter
completely. Speedo is now fine.

Of course all this is moot if you don't have an interval counter..

George Loriot