Re: Pinion Oil Seal

To: "Ken Owens" <kenowens@mchsi.com>,
Subject: Re: Pinion Oil Seal
From: "Richard Seaton" <rsh17@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 19:14:12 -0500
 Get yourself a speedi sleeve from Moss and make sure the seal you buy is a
rubber one and not the original leather type. As the leather WILL seep. I had
one heck of a time (three times) keeping mine from leaking until the sleeve
was installed. The flange looked very good and I didn't think it would be a
problem.
  I used a 2" angle iron with holes drilled in it for the drive shaft bolts to
go though. Offset the holes enough to get your socket on the flange bolt. Use
the angle iron as a lever when loosening the bolt. Once you remove the bolt
tap on the angle iron to remove the flange.
  I don't think you will need to remove the tranny, Can't say for sure since I
was looking at the car without the body.

Richard Seaton
RSH17@msn.com
View My restoration @ (http://groups.msn.com/Richards69TR6Restoration)