throttle linkage adjustment

To: "TR6 list" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: throttle linkage adjustment
From: "Gary Fluke" <res0s0t7@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 19:48:47 -0700
Listers,

Now that I have replaced my 6's throttle shaft bushings and the throttle shaft
is no longer jury-rigged, the throttle linkage needs to be adjusted from where
the PO had it.

It looks as though the adjustment sequence should begin with the angle of the
arm which is located at the center of the carb throttle shafts connector
mechanism.  I found out by accident that it can be adjusted so that the
throttle sticks wide open (not while the was engine running).  It seems as
though it may be best to set the angle of that arm so that the low end of
throttle opening is less progressive than the high end.  Does anyone have any
recommendations regarding the linkage adjustment procedure or how things
should be set up?

I have so far noticed after connecting the carb throttle shafts with the idle
screws entirely backed out that, at full throttle, one of the carbs is short
of full throttle by about 3/32" at the stop.  I'll have to wait to see how
that looks after I've disconnected and synched the carbs, then connected them
again.  By how much do some of you see one of the carbs short of full throttle
when the other is truly at full throttle?

Gary
'73